February the shortest month of the year is certainly proving to be right. It even feels like this month was even shorter somehow, time is flying by so fast I can hardly comprehend that another month is done!
The month was so short and busy that I hardly had any time to make any trips, I’m right now planning a trip or maybe even two for March. So there will certainly be at least one, but I’ve purchased three train tickets which I can use during the weekends. I have to use the three ticket on three days before April 16th – which happens to be my birthday. The weekend before is my dad’s birthday, so I am going to have to use them during March.
Reading and writing
I managed to finish reading two different books – completely different books at that. they couldn’t have been any further apart. I finished reading ‘Gone Girl’ written by Gillian Flynn which I really liked but also offered a huge insight into how sick a persons mind can actually be and how – with a lot of planning and deception – you can trick anyone into believing the story you spin in front of their eyes. After reading that book I needed something completely different, something lighter so I followed it by a children’s’ book ‘Fortunately, the milk’ and I wrote the for both books during February.
I’m planning on reading at least one book during March, of course I hope to be able to add more than just one to my list but the books I’m currently reading are quite thick. One is a paperback and the other one I’m reading on my tablet, my tablet is easier to bring with me when I’m out and about and the paperback is what I read when I’m at home. Which is why it sometimes takes such a long time to finish the books.
I’ve been a gamer for quite some time now I started with some games on my desktop computer. Then I had a Playstation 2 and a PSP way back when, but now I’m in love with the Xbox One. I recently sold my old Xbox 360 because I wasn’t using it anymore, especially since most of the games I own are backwards compatible on the Xbox One. I bought the Xbox 360 as a test, it was a refurbished model I wanted to see if I would use it or if it would be gathering dust in a short amount of time. Since that wasn’t the case I bought the Xbox One last year together with The Division which means that it is now a year old. If I remember correctly the release date for The Division was early March. And I have been using it quite a lot. The Division is still my favorite game to play but I have also been doing quite a bit of Destiny, Assassins Creed and I’ve been recently I started playing GTA V.
I was really looking forward to March because of two games that are being released this month. Ghost Recon Wild Lands and Mass Effect Andromeda. Ghost Recon is of course from the same developer as The Division. And Mass Effect is actually the first game series which I played from the first game till the third game all the way through to the end. So it’s nostalgia and I really want to see it.
- Planning another city trip, who knows where I might go this time? S’Hertogenbosch (also known as Den Bosch) or Vlissingen, Amersfoort maybe. And I’m thinking of Groningen. But we’ll see which places I’ve actually visited when the once the month of March is over.
- Lindsey Stirling – My first concert of 2017, actually my first concert in almost a year! That’s bad, I really need to go and see more concerts. The venue is 013 – Tilburg, March 17th. I’m so looking forward to this one, I have high expectations and she has been on my list for a while along with Pentatonix (PTX) who I still hope to be able to see although truth be told I’ve already missed a couple of concerts they’ve given in the Netherlands.
- We’ve planned the High Tea, I’m going together with my mom and sister on the 19th of March! It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time and finally we are going! We’re also planning on a small shopping spree while were at it.
- Pinkpop 2017 – the Pinkpop press conference is during the month of March which also means that by the end of it we’ll know most of the names that’ll visit us during the three days in June and the sale for the tickets will start a couple of days later! By the looks of it I’ll have to be fast if I want to get tickets, especially since Justin Bieber has been announced. Mind you, he’s definitely not on my ‘must see’-list but if he’s there why not. The music he’s been making has been quite catchy to say the least. Besides that Green Day, the Kings of Leon, System of a Down and Martin Garrix have been confirmed as well.
- Planning a vacation! So many choices, so many places to visit! I still have to make up my mind about a destination.