Yesterday was the Dutch Kick Off for NaNoWriMo, I had a blast. It’s always fun to meet other people who are just as crazy as I am for attempting to write a book in a month time. Because let’s face it we would have to be at least a little bit crazy if we do attempt to write a book … and not just one year but year after year, every November. It is after all my fifth NaNoWriMo.
Of course the official first day is still a couple of days away but it feels like it has really started now. Per the rules of Nano we of course can’t start writing until the first of November.
But it’s itching … as probably most writers who ever participated in Nanorwrimo know. It’s a world-wide phenomenon amongst us writers, I guess. Anyway the count down has officially started and there are still some things I want to do before November 1st.
One of the things I had on my to-do list was my cover. I had made a design but I really hated it. Really hated it so much that I had to do something about it. So as much time as I spend last week on my crappy design being not happy, I honestly spend barely any time on this new design, which I love!
It’s a dramatic story, at least I want it to be. For some reason I have this desire to write an extremely dramatic story. I don’t know why but I have to do it, we all know that a picture says more than a thousand words and this one says it all.
So that is one more thing on my to-do list that I can strike through.
But I still have a couple left;
- Finish the timeline … as far as I can. Stuff will still need to be added while I’m writing so I can keep my facts straight. (*Even if that’s the only straight thing about my story)
- Finish the map, I need to figure out where everyone lives, maybe street names and distance from one another.
- I need to develop the characters better, the graffiti crew and the geek squad – they are minor but important.
- There is a special police task force in the Mirrorland, who are they and how do they track them. Are they the alternate versions of the cops who try to get the names of the other graffiti crew members from Kayleigh or are they someone else?
- That all important meeting with the Mirrorland alternates, how will that go?
Will Kayleigh find love?Yes, but will it be with Amy or someone else? How will it end?There are some things which I hate when I watch a movie or read a book, so I know what I don’t want to happen. Which narrows down the options quite a bit.
These are some of the things I want to look at before NaNoWriMo really kicks off.